TP4056 1A Li-ion Lithium Battery Charging Module (With Current Protection) – Mini USB
This TP4056 1A Li-ion Lithium Battery Charging Module with Current Protection – Mini USB is a tiny module, perfect for charging single cell 3.7V 1 Ah or higher lithium-ion (Li-Ion) cells such as 16550s that don’t have their own protection circuit. Based on the TP4056 charger IC and DW01 battery protection IC this module will offer 1A charge current and then cut off when finished.
Furthermore, when the battery voltage drops below 2.4V the protection IC will switch the load off to protect the cell from running at too low of a voltage – and also protects against over-voltage and reverse polarity connection (it will usually destroy itself instead of the battery) however please check you have it connected correctly the first time.
Using the module:
- Connect mini USB cable for power, or 5V DC to pads marked IN+ and IN- on the left-hand side of the module
- Connect cell to charge to B+/B- pads on the right-hand side of the module.
- A load (something for the battery to power) can be connected to the OUT+/OUT- pads on the right-hand side
- Important! Disconnect load when charging
- The red LED indicates charging in progress, a green LED indicates charging has finished.
- Never charge your battery at a rate greater than 1C.
1. Ampere meter can only be connected to a 5v input end of the module.
2. It is better than the charging current is 37% of the battery capacity. If you charge the battery of 1000mAh, a current of 400mAh is enough.
3. The connection wire should not be too thick.
4. Make sure the connect point is good.
5. If the input voltage is too high, like 5.2v, the current will be less than 1000mA, it is normal. It is a protection function, auto-subtracts the charging current to avoid burn damage to the chip.
6. NO Reverse polarity.
We have 3 more such charging boards employing the same TP4056 chip which are available at MakerBazar and they are different according to the onboard USB port and current protection they provide.
Check out other versions of TP4056 here
- Led indicator: red is charging Green is fully charged.
- Current Protection: Yes
- Inversed polarity: NO.
- Use mature charging chip TP4056 for simple peripheral circuits, good protection performance, and high charging accuracy.
- Fully machinery automated processing, all patch parts manufacturing.
Package Includes :
1 x TP4056 1A Li-ion Lithium Battery Charging Module with Current Protection – Mini USB
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.