Standard Quality RPi 3 Casing Red & White for Model B & B+
This case comes in five parts so you can snap in sides or tops according to how you're using your Pi. If you want a GPIO cable coming out of the top or want to add a hat, there's an impressive pink top with a cut-out in the center for more flexibility. Or, if you're not a fan of seeing your Pi, there's a white lid that conveniently fills in the gap.
This case's smart design and customizability make it a worthy addition to the Pi case genre!
Using this with HATs is possible but can be a little tricky. If you have a 'slim' HAT, such as the Sense HAT or a HAT or Bonnet with 'short/slim' connectors you can probably just plug it in and use it. If your hat uses 'standard' 8.5mm tall headers as we/most others use, you can use the case by removing the pink and white top parts and just using the bottom/sides. Or, if you're feeling crafty, you can use a 'standard height hat by cutting off the pink nub on the pink top with a pair of pliers (it's easy to do) and then put the HAT on the Pi before placing it in the case. Then snap it into the pink top, and snap the pink top + Pi combo into the bottom. (That is, you assemble it top-down not bottom-up). It's a snug fit but it does work. This product is just the case. It does not come with Raspberry Pi or components. It's designed for the Pi 3 but will also work OK with Pi B+ and Pi 2 if you don't mind that the LED light pipes are blocked (the LEDs moved on the Pi 3)
- The optional clip-on lid provides protection but can be removed if using a HAT
- All primary ports (including microSD) are accessible
- The removable side plate allows access to those wonderful GPIO pins
- Snug and secure fit protect your Pi while looking great!
- Anti-slip feet keep your Raspberry Pi stable
- Power and activity lights are still visible through the end of the case
- 1 x Case for Raspberry Pi (Raspberry PI board not included)